Skip to main content

I'm a dirty cowbag

Well. The husband returned from work today, and from my lank hair knew I hadn't showered.
What a disgusting cowbag, right? That's the look I got anyway.
In my brain I wanted to go schizophrenic psycho mentalballs on him.
On waking I found cat sick all over the living room. Cleared it up, washed hands a lot. They are chapped from this.

Daphne woke up and promptly threw a tantrum about dropping a dummy. One of her two. A proper tantrum.
I held her at the window to watch the snow, then we had to stay there for ages while she pointed out every damn thing she could see.
Breakfast. Milk all over the carpet. Tried the naughty step. Tantrum. Hit head during tantrum. Crying fit.
Hug. Retching as crying fit got out of control. Tiny sick.
Daphne demanded a banana which then mysteriously became smeared over every flipping thing in the universe. Notice my lack of swearing as she now copies every blinking thing.
I wash up, actually for the second time this morning.
Daphne comes and tells me about her wet trousers. She wanted to wear pants this morning so I thought it'd be cool to try a day of potty training. However she refuses to sit on it, so I'm not sure how this is going to work.
We change her clothes. All the time I have to be extremely enthusiastic as all of a sudden clothes are the devil to her. When I put her socks on she screams like her feet are being chopped off. They are not.
It takes us half an hour to get back down the stairs, we have a discussion about how her cot is upstairs and her dinosaur is downstairs and Jesus I don't know what the hell else.
I agree to carry her as I just want to be in a different room damn it.
We look at her sticker book and she asks me to peel off and replace a George pig sticker no less than 28 times. I suggest she does something different and am greeted with more tantrum. Oh yay.
Lunch: hey I might wash up all her stuff again. Then cook her a meal which she half eats, half throws.
I clean the carpet. I notice some crumbs from yesterday and make a mental note to Hoover when she's being less of a dick. We read some books and have a few more tantrums before I put her to bed. I go downstairs and do more washing up. Ooh I'm going to eat some lunch!
I have at least an hour, if all goes to plan. I'm not going to waste that on pure showering and grooming. No no! Who will appreciate that? The postman?
Nah. I'm going to have a cup of coffee which will all reach my mouth warm, and shall not be spilt. I'm going to catch up on the adult world of Facebook (how ironic) and I'm going to write a blog post, to maintain some kind of sanity and try to find people like me!
Turns out the real world is full of people who think childbirth is amazing, and spend stupid amounts of money on tiny things. Hmm.
She's awake! What happened?? Surely that was only ten minutes??
Ok, let's play with the Lego.
Let's change those wet clothes. I explain about the potty, I'm even annoying myself now. She repeats me word for word about the potty but still decides to hold it all in. Poor girl. We make random creatures from playdough and read the same story approximately 100 times. I try to get playdough out of the carpet but apparently this is illegal in Daphne world.
I break up a fight between her and the cat and try to explain why this is inappropriate. She punches me in the eye.
I wash up.
I put away all the washing up and toys before Daddy gets home so we can pretend to have perfect domesticity. Spray on a bit of perfume and wipe off the crusty spaghetti chunks...
Make sure Daph is not tantrumming...

Daddy comes in and calls me on not showering. I did forget. But then I can't think of a moment when I fancied sharing a bathtub with someone who was going to urinate on me and then cry about it. And then tantrum because I didn't let them eat all of the toothpaste.

FORGIVE ME. I am a dirty cowbag.



Comments

  1. Yes, you are a dirty cow bag, but I went to work, mostly surfed and ate 9 penguins (not all in one go). Your day sounds like what I wish I was doing whilst at work. But with less wee.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Liebster Award!

    The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 300 followers. A blogger nominates 11 fellow bloggers and asks them a set of 11 questions. The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination. The nominee will write 11 random facts about themselves and then answer the 11 questions which have been set for them. They in turn will nominate another 11 bloggers and pose 11 questions to them. This is a really fun way to discover and connect with new bloggers and help us all gain some new followers along the way.   Lovely Hannah from Make, Do and Push has nominated me as one of her bloggers so I will do my best! Thanks Hannah! If you like crafting, and a slice of positivity to balance out the cynicism you hear from me (!) you should check out her blog. She is up to wedding planning too so is bound to have lots of ideas up her sleeve! OK, first of all, 11 random facts about me! Crikey that seems a lot! 1. I used to deliver mil

Now we are Five, and going to school!

I have no excuses, my blogging has totally dried up. I kept thinking of LOADS of ideas for blog posts, but didn't want to write because either nobody would read them, or because there are already a ton of "mummy bloggers" already doing it. Well, SCREW that. I love writing and talking shit, so I need to get it out, regardless! SO... Time has gone by and this little dumpling: has grown sooooooo much into this rather smart schoolgirl: And I'm sure I'm the same as every mother in that looking at those two photos makes me want to cry! She is a completely different person! Oh how I miss those chubby little cheeks and huge eyes! It seems like a world away, and also only yesterday. School has brought with it a whole new set of worries, achievements and well, confusion. I thought I'd know it all as a teacher, but nothing prepares you for THE OTHER SIDE.  When I was teaching and parents dropped their kids off at school and insi

Panda cardigan! Toddler jumper refashion

My little girl is nuts about most animals, but at the moment she is quite keen on pandas. It's bound to change by tomorrow. But she had an old black jumper which just seemed to be just waiting for a funeral, so it made me sad, and I had to turn it into something else... Here it is before.... Funeral anyone? OK, so I cut up the front to make it into a cardigan... I love this part - snip! Then stitched on some white lace (sticking with the black and white theme see...) and attached a big black button and popper on the back. Can I just say I did this in about 10 minutes so it's not my finest work! You've got to make sure the stitching catches all of the fiddly jumper edge so that it doesn't fray. OK, so that was the front. And I decided because it was a v-neck, the panda would have to go on the back as there was more space. Sooooo, then I cut some panda face shapes out of t-shirt material and stuck them on the back with bonda/wunda webby stuff. You COU